Sunday 13 June 2021

Dr Feelgood Live at the Mont -de-Marsan Festival, Aug 10, 1984

 A project more dormant than in progress; for months I was going nowhere, after several unconvincing try outs. I wanted to use Graham Humphreys' fabulous illustration for the Doctors Orders album but not exactly how... Oh, just in case you are not familiar with Graham Humphreys' work, take a look at his website. He is the man behind the Off The Bone cover, the cover illustration for the Lords of the New Church's first LP, and many, many more. I thought it was the right thing to do - after all, the 1984 tour was to promote this new album to come - but I had mixed feelings about the voodoo creepy fonts used in this artwork... Although I realized that he had made the Dr Feelgood logo himself, I tried to find a font that looked similar enough. I went for something called Karloff. I was much luckier with the font for the tracks, which is called Monsterama, just in case you want to know. Little by little things started to take shape. Though I am not entirely satisfied with this, it's not too shabby on the whole... You can grab the (sound only) video there. Oh, I know it's corny but I can't often resist clicking on the 'invert color' tab!  








No comments:

Post a Comment