Saturday 19 June 2021

In progress: The Heart of the Georgia Satellites Live at the Underground during the Crossroads Festival 2003 Westdeutscher Rundfunk TV Broadcast 2003-08-28 Köln, Germany


Just today I posted a few pictures extracted from this TV broadcast and this is the first comment that I got:" What... Georgia Satellites? Where...? These guys? Seriously? ". In all good faith, it must be specified that the - slightly misleading - title says 'The Heart of the Georgia Satellites', possibly because not only Dan Baird and Mauro Magellan are in it, but also Keith Christopher who started the band as 'Keith and the Satellites'. In addition to this, Rick Richards was in a band called the Brains... That said, many bootleggers do not entirely agree about what to label this recording: Georgia Satellites?  Or more accurately 75% of them? Dan Baird and friends? I don't find the title "The Heart of the Georgia Satellites" that bad, after all... I have done some research about the Crossroads Festival and I have found this.

4 comments:

  1. I got an EXCELLENT recording (with 15 tracks instead of the 9 you have on your cover)
    and selfmade covers, too
    Maybe because I was working there as the booker for the concerts in the club :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, Mitch. Would you care to share your recording? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I could, but I STRONGLY promised the guy from the TV Show to keep it for me only. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping such a promise honors you, Mitch. That is the sign of a true gentleman. Thanks for taking the time to reply. All the best to you, sir!

      Delete