Friday 19 August 2022

The Birdhouse - The Devil Looks After His Own:(A BLack Lodge Relics Compilation): expanded artwork

 I had wanted to do this for quite a while (actually, as soon as I spotted this beauty on Nik's blog!) for several reasons: 1 - I'm a huge fan of the Birdhouse. At the time, a new record from them truly was an event. 2 - All my vinyl records are out of reach. 3 - I thought they were pretty original among the large number of Stooges-influenced bands, the guitar tones, in particular. 4 - I always thought The Birdhouse  rightfully deserved  recognition, which they sadly never actually did. So, in short, kudos to Nik for this great compilation of their first mini LP Burnin' Up and album Meglamania. Get it here now while you still can!

Nik' original artwork

Reworked with the "Stoogian graphic treatment"









No comments:

Post a Comment